Monday, October 20, 2014

Hastening the Work of Salvation

Elder York, Elder Gomez, Elder Dominguez and Elder Vega








Yesterday was an incredible day. We went to take the Sacrament to a family of recent converts who were in the hospital and had gotten home the night before. It was such a special experience as we left with a young couple and their two children. As we left their house a tremendous rainstorm came blowing in and wow did it rain. None of us had umbrellas only jackets. As we started walking we realized that we were on the other side of town and it took us 30 minutes to get to the house that we were headed. When we finally get to the house they had the door open with a fire roasting and with mint tea (Pure mint leaves) waiting for us. We were able to talk with them and bless the Sacrament for them. We went with the Quorum President and his wife and children and wow did they teach them! My companion and I could only testify to what they had taught because of how incredible it was. The work here is hastening!!

I was so lucky this week to have the chance that our Mamita LET me cook lunch for us 7 this week. In our house there are missionaries from Columbia, the Dominican Republic and well me. So our Mamita is having us cook for them the lunch. I cooked Hamburgers and we even had some with Pineapple and barbecue sauce! It was delicious!! I will attatch pictures. 

I truly do feel so blessed to be here as a missonary. I know that this work is true and that we are truly inviting others to come unto Christ. I know that it is true. As we go about in life doing all that we can we will be blessed beyond measure as we strive to do what the Lord wants us to do. I hope everyone will have my friend Ryan Tomac in your prayers as he is overcoming a cancerous surgery in his shoulder. 

I love you all and I love my Savior. Have a good day and keep all of the youth in your prayers who are preparing to go on a mission. Be their friend and help them. 

Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment