Monday, October 13, 2014

Soy viejo eh?‏

Elder York and Elder Johnson watching General Conference.

Elder York's roomies attacked him with shaving cream. 

Elder York with his zone in Puerto Montt, Chile. The last day with Elder Johnson. I was here again with Elder Costa, my Brazilian!

Happy 21st Birthday, Elder York.

Elder York with Elder Gomez...happy birthday haha!
Well rumor has it that I had my birthday yesterday. Well thanks to the other three Elders that I live with, the entire ward where I am serving knew it was my birthday. That was fun...every testimony said, "I want to say happy birthday to all those who are having a birthday", wink wink and looked at me. The members here are great. Yesterday I was doing an intercambio with a new Elder who came here to live with us. Elder Gomez!! One of my best friends here in the mission who I lived with in Rahue a few months ago and we worked in both sectors but it turned out that he just tried to take me to surprise birthday parties. My oh my did we eat a ton! My mamita made me a cake and when I blew out the candle Elder Gomez pushed my face into the cake! It was so funny and was totally karma because I did it to Elder Jensen in La Union a couple months ago! 

I am so grateful for all of you and for all of your prayers love and support. I am truly surrounded by greatness and am just grateful. I have come a long way from where I was before but still have a long way to go. I know that if I follow the example of my Savior and have all of you to support me along the way, there is no way I can fail. I truly love all of you. 

This week we sent off Elder Cody Johnson from Colorado and welcomed my dear friend Elder Gomez from Columbia. In my house there are two from Columbia, one from the Dominican Republic and well the lone Gringo haha. I am teaching them all English and we sure have a fun time with that. We also are doing English classes here in the ward every Thursday and are loving that! Sister Hebdon and I are the ones who teach it. Sister Hebdon is from Holladay Utah in Salt Lake and is just starting her mission. 

We are using the members to find so many new people and it is just great. We are doing during the week with the members... Tuesday aerobics and karate classes, Thursday English classes, Friday mutual with the youth and Saturday we are having PING PONG classes!! I hope that you all like ping pong because I am now an addict. Every moment we have time we are playing ping pong ha. All of these activities are being taught by a member and we are supporting them and bringing new people as do they. 

Use the talents of others to bless all. Be it singing, piano, sports, video games, camping or whatever to help others to come unto Christ. We are not robots but all children of our Heavenly Father. 

I love you all and am having a great time and working my hardest. I love this work and can't wait to continue working in it. 

Élder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment