Monday, September 29, 2014

What a Wonderful Life


Life is super sweet. There really is no bitter in this life. It is only bitter when we allow ourselves to get down and be pessimistic. I have felt that the last couple months that there was absolutely no balm in gilead. I felt so full of trials and problems and didn`t know what to do. I learned that it is okay to get on your knees and cry a little bit. Many of the Prophets in ancient times did the same. Look at Nephi for example, "Oh wretched man that I am". We all have moments of difficulty and trials but it is all about how we see them. My little sister sent me a couple phrases from a talk from President Uchtdorf that really helped me a ton. He said.....   
 
"Everyone’s situation is different, and the details of each life are unique. Nevertheless, have learned that there is something that would take away the bitterness that may come into our lives. There is one thing we can do to make life sweeter, more joyful, even glorious. We can be grateful!"


Life is truly such a great thing and being a missionary... Even better. I used to look for all of the good in things but with time I guess I forgot. It wasn't until our Heavenly Father humbled me enough to realize that I was being negative and wasn't happy. I have learned a lot and I know that he loves us. I love being able to walk around and talk to people with a smile and the confidence of knowing that God has a plan for us and no matter what happens in this life that I will be with my family after this life and that they will be watched over and protected.


I want to invite all of you to look at your life and do what I did because it changed my attitude with things and now I am a lot happier and see things more as what they can be and not what they are.


Life is too short to be pessimistic and not enjoy it. Live life and write a missionary!! They really can use your help!!!!

Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment