Monday, September 22, 2014

Independence Day in Chile!!!‏

It has for sure been fun this week. I used to think that in the States we knew how to throw a good 4th of july party. Then I came to Chile and really learned how to have a party!!! The people here are crazy!! 

This week we were banned from leaving the house unless we had a fixed appointment or if we were going to be with the members. So....me being me I was with the members the entire week and it was incredible. We were with our bishop, and his wife had just quit her job because they were doing things that don`t go along with the Gospel and she was super sad so we shared with them and they are just incredible this family!! They have given all that they have to this gospel and to the Church. This family is just so great. I love them a ton and would go to the moon and back for them. They see us as angels and are really just willing to do anything for us. 

So for our 18th of September we did tug a war, had a barbeque, had mote with huesillos (which is like wheat puffed with peach). Empanadas, ping pong, soccer, the members danced and we had a great time!!! 

The week before I left Rahue, Osorno, I had a super tender moment with one of the young men in the ward who is the son of the ex stake president. His dad called me and told me that he really had gotten along with me and it made him want to be a missionary. His dad said to talk to him and so they came over to our house at 11:00 at night and I talked one on one with Harold. He is 20 and didn't want to leave on the mission. I gave him my medalion that President Droubay gave me... And we had a talk and he promised me he would pray and reconsider. His Mom wrote me and is ecstatic because he is changing and is reading the scriptures and praying now. Before he would flee from those. Miracle.

More than what I can say I will mainly send pictures this week. 

I love you all and I know that this work is the only way that our brothers and sisters can return to our Father in Heaven. I know that I am called of God to preach the gospel and I love it. It is my life!!

Elder Alex York

He said of his companion, Elder Vega: He is super awesome! I love the guy. He is from Cartagena, Colombia. He is a super cool guy that has the same amount of time in the mission as Elder Mendoza the Peruano.





Chile's Fiestas Patrias, Dieciocho. Elder York with some of the ward members in Puerto Montt. He said Yeah, we ate a ton of food!

Elder York with his bishop in Puerto Montt.

Elder York being Chilean. 

Elder York, Elder Dominguez (Dominican Republic), Elder Johnson (Colorado) and his companion, Elder Vega (Colombia). We had fun and were playing a game that when you messed up, you marked the face with makeup.



No comments:

Post a Comment