Monday, August 18, 2014

First sector of the mission???‏








Elder York sent pictures this week!
Pic 1...Elder York with his mission president and his wife, Presidente and Hermana Obeso.
Pic 2...Elder York with the kids of the second counselor. They loved the fact that I looked like I was wearing the "school uniform" haha.
Pic 3...Elder York with his former Papito and Mamita in Entre Lagos.
Pic 4...Elder York with Hector, the man he baptized a year ago in Entre Lagos.


------------------

Yup that is right. Yo, Elder Alex York was able to go back to my first sector today to be able to visit my recent convert Hector Bañados Pacheco. I will attach photos. I was also able to see the members who I grew so attached to. My Mamita and Papito and my dueña, Anita, José and the family Santana. I was able to share more with Hector and share again my testimony with him in much better Spanish so that he will stay on the right path and endure to the end. It was such a wonderful experience to be able to find them here again and it really made me tronky. I thought if this is happy coming back to my first sector after a year and a half, ¿How will it be going back home? Either way, it isn`t a thought I let stay in my head because I still am on the errand of the Lord.

We had an activity this week for the young men in all of the stake of Rahue. I was able to take Elder Holt, (my adopted son) out with me and a member named Carlitos who is 12 to do some visits in my sector. Elder Holt started his mission in my sector so I decided to bring him back with me so he could relive it a little. As we were walking with Carlitos I let him hold my compass because he was curious and wanted to see it. Anyhow as we were walking he told us that not just once, not just twice, not just thrice but four times he asked a question of what he should do in life and the compass needle jumped and pointed directly at me. He said it was the weirdest thing because the needle just followed me he said. He got excited and said "Elder York!!!! I know that I need to be a missionary now! I am for certain!! Let´s go to my friends house to share with him. We went and his mom rejected us but Carlitos said it´s okay because when I am a missionary I will be able to share the Gospel with even more people and even if they reject me like that I will know I have done my best. I want to be a missionary just like you."

Carlitos is the young man in the photo that I sent home last week of the family Chaipul. We have been working so hard with them and we are seeing the fruits of the visits. They are inviting their friends, family and even people in the road. Life is good and the work is Hastening here in Rahue.

This week the weather has been getting better. Yesterday was the 4th day of my mission that I have left the house without a jacket. Pretty incredible how cold it is here haha. Well that is all for me. I am doing good just like always fighting the natural man to become a better missionary every day. 

I came across this scripture and being is that I am here among the Lamanites....

Helaman 6:3 
"Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the Lamanites, yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them. And they did fellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy."

Elder Alex York



No comments:

Post a Comment