Monday, July 7, 2014

Welcome Presidente Obeso, and now Pictures!!!!‏

This is going to be super short but with pictures. It has been such an interesting week. I can't believe how time is passing. I am loving being a missionary and the opportunity to have my mind, heart, and might focused 100 percent to talking to other people about the Gospel. I LOVE IT! There is nothing more satisfying than sharing the Gospel, in fact, sharing the Gospel and the feeling we get after is the closest we can get to feeling Joy. Joy is a Celestial feeling but as we help others we are getting closer and closer to it. 

Last week I went on a companion exchange with Elder Holt from Murray Utah. He is living in the same house with me and he is a STUD! He is such a great guy and we really enjoyed the chance to work together and to be able to relax. I had to do my new visa paperwork so we were in Puerto Montt for almost the majority of the day. It was just great and I loved it! We were even able to sneak in a pizza for lunch. We bought one of the biggest pizzas I have seen here in Chile for less than 10 dollars and ate it all! Oh how great the feeling of eating pizza. Elder Holt got here in the Mission at the exact same time as my "Hijo" Son Elder Holt. Same name, both from Utah and from the same group and now I have the chance to know them both. Speaking of which!!!

I AM A GRANDPA!!!! This phrase is one that you use when your "kid" has [trains] a kid. He is also a district leader! I am very proud of both of my Elder Holts. They both will go far in life. 

I got to meet my new Mission President and wow, he is short! I was surprised when I saw him but he is incredible. I love that man so much. He and President Rappleye are very similar when it comes to being obedient and what not but President Obeso is the Mercy and President Rappleye was the Justice. Good having both of them. I love both of them so much and am so excited to have President Obeso here and sad to see President Rappleye leave..

All things have their end be it being a mission president, your mission or even someone you love. My beloved friend Sadie (My Dog) passed away, just like marly from Marly and me. She will be missed but I just remember, ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN. It makes me happy to know that and now it makes me think... If all dogs go to Heaven, Imagine how much God loves us and wants us to come to Heaven. I know that we are beyond more important than a dog and that he loves us. We are his Children and have the potential to become like him. 

I know that God has a plan for everything. 

Elder Alex York

Waterfalls!!! We got permission to watch the World cup when Chile plays!!! How awesome!!!
Saltos del Petrohue, June 2014


Saltos del Petrohue, June 2014
Saltos del Petrohue, June 2014

Saltos del Petrohue, June 2014

They were able to watch the World Cup when Chile played. June 2014




Elder York and his Zone with their new Mission President, Presidente and Hermana Obeso, July 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment