Monday, June 30, 2014

This week has just been spectacular!

This week has just been spectacular! I am loving life as a missionary with Elder Dennis. He is just such an answer to my prayers. My last 4 companions have all been really disobedient and really hard to get along with... I just prayed that this transfer that I would have added strength to be able to deal with a 5th disobedient companion. Then President called and told me... Elder Dennis. I was so excited because he is the "Hijo" or son of Elder Werner, who I lived with in La Union. Elder Dennis is just awesome and we get along really well and are working very hard. 

We have been sharing a letter with all of the members that Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Rasband sent here to our area after their visit here to our Mission. It is incredible because he said, "If every member completes with these instructions, the Lord will do his part and incountable numbers of Children of God will come unto Christ and his Church." He told us we need to work in councils, pray daily for missionary opportunities on our knees, go with the missionaries to visit the less actives and re teach them, Work in councils to baptize, retain and reactivate. It was such a great promise. 

We have had many experiences with the letter that have been just wonderful and we are doing all we can to share it with every member and less active that we know. 

We have an investigator that is just wonderful who is working to be baptized. He lives with a family of members that we are thinking about making the new Branch President and last night we went to share the letter with them and he was there and the son of the daughter of the Alvarez family who she is only 20 is sick. We gave him a blessing and it was such a great experience and he got to see the Priesthood power in function not just hear about it or see it in videos. I have the hope and the faith that the little boy will heal. He has a bad fever but will be fine. 

I love being here and am grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you so much for all that you do. I love you all!!!

Elder Alex York


No comments:

Post a Comment