Monday, June 2, 2014

Oh the Places You`ll Go!‏

Elder York: "Everything here is green! Mold or mother nature, whatever you call it! "

Photo of the man I baptized named Edicto.

4 years ago I was sitting in a classroom where I barely was listening to what my teachers were telling me. I remember doing my homework just to `grin and bear it` and get it done. Who would have thought that I would be where I am now? I personally am astonished to look back in my life and see the changes I have made. I love learning now and I look to feast and desire to know more. I love the rain and being wet and walking all day long. I used to drive to school daily and to church every sunday which was less than a block away. Here I walk miles daily to cover such a large area. Here in the city where I am there are 10 missionaries in this city. We all cover a semi large area and we are responisble to help them the best we can. Oh how wonderful it is! How much I love being here in Chile. When I received my Mission call I was a little disapointed that I HAD to learn a new language that I got C`s in school and to HAVE to get used to a new culture. I realized that in my life I saw things with the glass half empty. Now I GET to be here in Chile and I GET to learn a new language and I am BLESSED to be a Missionary of Jesus Christ. I LOVE being here.

We are now in an advanced stage of winter and it has been incredibly cold and rainy. Last fall I gave away my gloves, scarfs and beanies to members in Punta Arenas who would have a greater need for them than me and now I realize, Shoot... Haha. Well thanks to the Mission Home I was able to re stock up on things for winter and I am ready to roll! 

I have little to say but what I have to say is that this work is true no matter where we are. The Gospel applies to all people because it was created for the Children of God, of who we all come from. I am not afraid of sharing what I believe. I talk to all the people I can to try and be just as Christ was to explain this Gospel with love and clarity. I love this work so much and I am proud to be a Missionary and I am happy with what I do. If anyone wants to be happy, share the Gospel with anyone. It isn`t necessary to invite someone to be baptized the very moment you see them or to call someone to repent. We are members of the Church for a reason and we are all sons and daughters of a Loving Heavenly Father. We all have the same potential in this life. 

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment