Monday, June 9, 2014

Los Muermos y ..... Oregon?!‏

Elder York with President and Hermana Rappleye.

Elder Sean York's mission call to the Oregon Portland Mission.

Elder York in Los Muermos. I think that says Fast Food.

Elder York in Los Muermos.

Well I have some news. I had a mid transfer transfer. I don´t know what you call that in english just spanish which is a ´´Sobre Cambio´´. I got a phone call from the Assistants Tuesday in the morning right before we had our district meeting. It was shocking news for me and I was just blown away by the news. It was hard to concentrate because they told me I had to be in Osorno in a few hours with all of my bags packed. President talked to me and told me that I am going to a sector that is very isolated and is just like Entre Lagos. It doesn´t belong to a Stake or District but to the Mission. I am a hour outside of Puerto Montt in a small town (Bigger than Entre Lagos) called Los Muermos. The funny thing is that my "son" (Elder Holt) was just here right before me! 

Here we have so much work to do! I was called as the first counselor here in the Branch. The Branch President is great but we have to find a new one. He has been the Branch President for 9 years. He is young and I can only imagine how hard it has been. We also have to find a new chapel because the house that we are renting here the owners want it back. After 12 years of renting they decided they want it back. We are looking for a new one and it has to hold about 40 people but there isn´t much renting. 

My new companion is named Elder Torrez and he is just awesome. We will only be together for two weeks but he is great. Oh yeah! The other news! President is sending two more Elders here to be in the sector and they are going to be living with us! We have been cleaning the house and preparing everything and getting it ready. We have transfers on the 18th of June so about 9 days more. 

We have entered into winter and here it is much, much colder than La Union. I am enjoying it but there is no one in the roads for us to be able to talk to. We are talking to people but there aren´t very many in the roads at times. 

SEAN IS GOING TO OREGON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I wish he was speaking spanish but I guess it´s just me ha. Well he will do great. I am so proud of him and know he will do so well. The people of Oregon are going to just love that stud. 

On another note I am sad that I will miss my little brother by two months... I won´t see him for a total of 4 years... So long to not see someone that you love and cherish so much. If I did not know that this work was true, I would not be here. I would be home doing what I want. Not what the Lord wants me to do. I know he will do just so great and will change lives. 

Just as Hyrum said to his Brother Joseph, ´´Brother I´ll follow you, into a hailstorm of an angry town, every stone was meant to bring you down, something you knew all of your life, but Brother, I´ll follow you.´´

I love all of you and I love my Mom. 

Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment