Monday, May 19, 2014

He did it! He did it!

I took this picture of Sean and Alex back in May of 2012 at their Region track meet. Elder York posted it on his Facebook page with his prediction. I took a screenshot to save this tender moment between brothers. He wasn't too far off on his prediction. I love the sweet words he has for his brother in his email today.

I knew that it would happen! I Knew that one of my best friends was going to break the school record! Not only is he one of my best friends but he is my Brother. Sean broke the school record [for javelin] and I am so proud of him! I remember when I was teaching him how to throw and his first meet he beat me! I was so frustrated that he beat me and was determined to show him how it is done. When all is said and done my younger brother took it to the next level and did it. I am proud of him!

My new companion is Chilean. He is from a place called "La Serena". It is a little bit more north than Santiago. He is 19, has six months in the mission and is a really cool person. We work our butts off and are almost falling asleep during planning haha. He practiced weight lifting before the mission and isn`t that big but can lift a ton. He looks a ton like Derrik Rose from the Chicago Bulls. He took second in all of Chile in his class but doesn`t plan on returning to do it competively. 

Winter here is rolling around and I have finally returned to the land of the rain. It is definitely one of my favorite things! 

My advice to all of you future missionaries and those who have your calls.... Study Preach My Gospel. Read daily in the Book of Mormon. Pray daily, when you don`t feel that you want to pray, pray more! The mission will change your lives. I promise you that you will experience a huge change and it will be the greatest thing you will do. Prepare daily and make sure you put on the armour of God and put off the world. Enjoy your time with your family because one day you will be in my shoes wishing you could go back in time. Go and do when you are set apart and the Lord will never, never let you fall. Love the Lord with all of your heart and be exactly obedient just as the 2000 stripling warriors. I love you all and remember, Jacob 6:12 ["O be wise; what can I say more?"].

I have been loving being here in the mission. I truly have come to know myself better but much more important is I have come to know my Heavenly Father much more. I know that what all of the missionaries are doing in the world is the truth and no unhallowed hand can stop this work. God loves us and he sent his Son to die for us and bring us home. We are here to bring people unto him so he can bring them home. 
Elder Alex York


No comments:

Post a Comment