Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Elder York and Elder Costa 
Elder York with his new companion, Elder Meneses from La Serena, Chile.
I want to say to all of you Mothers and Future Mothers, Happy Mothers Day! I am so grateful to be able to have such a wonderful Mother who has shapèd and molded me to be who I am. I read a poem to my sweet Mother yesterday when we skyped and couldn`t help but tear up when I read it. It is called ``The Angel of the Child`` It was just the sweetest and I would type it but would have to translate it and I have very little time. I want to thank all of the people who in my life have been good examples to me and helped me to be who I am now. 

We are now entering into winter. I am so excited to not be in the end of the world during winter. It has gotten really cold lately and we are still in Fall but I think I am just so used to always being cold haha. It is so beautiful here and the climate is just like in Alaska. The majority of the time the sky is grey but at times it is blue. There is a lot of rain but I have nothing to complain about. I love the rain and love what I am doing.

We have an investigator who the other day said the last prayer before we left his house. We said it on our knees and we asked him to say it. He started off just by saying... ``Heavenly Father......`` He then said.. ``I can`t pray today, Sorry I just don`t feel worthy to do so and don`t feel up to it.``. We shared the scripture Joshua 1:9 and invited him again. He did so and as he did he opened up his heart and just cried and bawled his eyes out pleading with his Heavenly Father to forgive him of his past.
That is why I am a missionary. To bring people up from the depth of their own mistakes to partake of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I love this work and I am proud of all missionaries. But most important, I love my Mother.

Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment