Monday, May 26, 2014

Blessings and Trials‏

This week I was able to have the oppourtunity to baptize someone who has been investigating the church for years. He is investigating with the sisters in my district and he is such a special person. I interviewed him for his baptism and I said a little prayer in my heart and asked my Heavenly Father approved of this humble 84 year old man. I felt very strong in my heart that he was ready. Saturday I baptized him and and sunday I went to see him confirmed. "Invite others to come unto Christ..." All that we can do as missionaries, as members and as friends is invite someone to start their salvation. 

We have been working hard this week but it has also been hard. I had to say goodbye to President and Hermana Rappleye because this week we had our very last Zone Conference. It was very emocional and sad as we had to say our goodbyes. I know that I will see him another day in Utah but until then it will be a huge change. I am excited for our new Mission President and so ready to work. All I can do is work my hardest and strive to do the best I can. 

I am so glad to hear that all the other missionaries are doing well. I am excited for every single one of them and I know they will do just great!

We have been working a lot with less active members and trying to help them to return to being active. Imagine this... 1 in every 30 persons here in Chile is a member of the Church. We take the "Talking to everyone" part of Preach My Gospel literally. We contact a ton of people but we are trying to work more with the members. My companion and I are teaching the members more and more about Preach My Gospel but now we just have to help them to APPLY it. I love Preach my Gospel and learn so much daily from it. I don´t know where I would be without it. 

Winter is almost here as we are battling the cold weather and this next week starts up "The World Cup". Please pray for all of the missionaries that they will be protected here in South America and that people will open their hearts to this message even in this moment of Soccer Worship. I love this work with all of my heart and it pains me to see missionaries who don´t. We change the lives of other people and I owe so much to the missionaries who knocked the door of my dear Mother. Thanks to the Missionary work, I am here and I was born of goodly parents. I love this work and love my Father in Heaven. 

P.S. The computer won´t let me put pictures so I will put them the next week. 

Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment