Monday, April 21, 2014

Second Easter in Chile‏

This week I was able to spend my second easter here in Chile. My favorite part was being able to watch General Conference in English. Last year when I had few months in Chile I had to watch it in Spanish. 

Here in Chile people are so focused on their work. The only thing that matters is that they have work. Then many, the majority of people when a festival like this comes around they get together with family and stay in their houses. The majority of the people who I talk with don`t want to talk to "Mormons". They just don`t realize that we don`t represent Mormon, but that we represent Jesus Christ. I feel that every house in every area I have ever been in has been knocked more than one time. The Prophet has said that "Now is the time for missionaries and members to work together". I think, I know that he knows what he is talking about because it is coming directly from the Heavens. Our Lord and Savior truly does communicate through our Prophet to help us now days to advance the work of Salvation.

Elder M Russell Ballard came here to my mission about a month ago. He sent a letter to our mission president as a promise. he said that if every member completes with their duty that un countable numbers of people will join the church. What an amazing promise! We are trying to help the members with all that we can to do our absolute best. 

My companion has gotten better and is now able to work a little bit more. He was on "stand by" (As my Grandfather says) for two weeks without working. We practiced his english and my portugues and we can both almost pray in each others english. We have been enjoying this week. 

This week we found a less active family that are separated. They aren`t divorced just separated for a time. We found them the one day that they were together and we they said they are trying to work things out and want to come back to church. Good thing that the best way to heal broken relationships is through the Lord and his Atonement. 

Finally, I want to share my testimony. 
I know that the work I am doing is what the Lord wants me to be doing at this point in time. I love doing it and am coming closer to my Lord and learning so much. I know that the Authority to direct the Church of God is here on the earth today and that the true and living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson has those keys. I know without a doubt that families are forever. I am here to help all people to come unto Christ. I konw that he is our Savior. I want to be just like him. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was written for our day. I am thankful for it`s teachings and I hope to "bring at least one soul to repentance". I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he is greater than all and there is no man who compares to him. No man nor woman cany deny in the last days that he is not the Christ. I know that he is my brother and that he will have me rise one day to live with him if I am faithful. 
I leave these things for all. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Alex York


No comments:

Post a Comment