Monday, April 28, 2014

Oh the places you`ll go!‏

I have been traveling all week for so many things. I went to Valdivia (1 hour and a half away from La Union) Osorno, back to Osorno, back to La Union, Rio Bueno and etc. I think I spent all of the money that the church gives me for the month just on traveling. I have had to travel to many places but it has been for good. 

My brother is an Elder! In just a little longer I will have to sign my emails as Elder Alex York. I am so proud of him. Being a missionary is the greatest decision of my life. I am just loving every second and truly enjoying it. I won`t be able to see Sean for almost 4 years. Why would anyone sacrifice not seeing someone who they love for such a long time. Because they know what they are doing is what they love. I remember that Sean and I would always fight before (He always lost). But right before I left on the mission I realized that he is one of my best friends. I love him.

Here in this sector we haven`t had too many investigators but we are starting to have a ton of success here in La Union. In the month of April not one sector in my zone baptized. A little sad to have this happen to us but the next month we will have more success. We have been able to help many people. My companion and I have been stuck in our house for the majority of the past weeks. We are finally able to leave and work normally. My companion is now healed and is doing great. 

Today we had a relax moment and we made burritos (Mexican style) and we played a lot of ping pong. It was a great time and the Elders that were there were, Elder Costa, Jensen, Werner, Pugmire and Parsons. They are all great Elders and I`m glad to have good guys like them around. 

I am about to finish the Book of Mormon for the second time in Spanish. I am in 3rd Nephi 8 and I will finish it before May 11. In this life there will be those who will accept and reject this book. My Job as a missionary is to explain what it is in such a simple way that the Holy Ghost can testify of my words to the other person. I am grateful to have the Book of Mormon in my life. It has given me so many answers to my questions and my doubts. I am grateful for it and love it!! One of my favorite scriptures is what is behind the medalion that President Droubay gave to me. 

3 Nephi 5: 13 - Behold, am disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. have been 
called of him to declare his word among his people, that they 
might have everlasting life.

There it is. Love you, take care and just smile.

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment