Monday, April 14, 2014

Earthquakes, Fires and bed rest?‏

Yeah I have been in the house for the past week with my injured companion and the fires and earthquakes haven`t affected me at all. I am safe. It has been a slow week but I have been doing a ton of studying. I made a decision the other month that I was going to try and consecrate myself to become a more focused and hard working missionary. I have changed so much with how I am living my life right now. I am only listening to hymns and focusing one hundred percent on being a better person. I have felt a huge change and I am liking it a lot. I feel good about life, am happy, feel more energized, and am teaching more and feel the Holy Ghost more and more in my life. I want to pattern my life more like Alma the Younger. He said [Alma 29:6-9]...   

6 Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called?
7 Why should I desire that I were an angel, that I could speak unto all the ends of the earth?
8 For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true.
9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.    

This is how I feel. I want to be more like him and devote myself more to become a better servant of God. Why should I desire more than to perform the work with I have been called. I love this work and love all of you. My email is short but my time here also is really short. Remember that I love you and pray daily for all of you. Even when I don't have time to write you I care so much for you but I am focusing one hundred percent of my energy.

Elder York

A True Miracle

I had a miracle this last week. I was burning some papers that I couldn`t throw away and the chimney was a little old and once I started it I started to see flames by the roof and the papers and cardboard that I put in were flaming above the roof and the whole house started to smell like smoke. My heart was racing and I didn`t know where to start or what to do. I didn`t move, I was frozen with fear of burning down the house and without even thinking, I found myself saying a prayer outloud. I prayed and begged that the fire would stop and the house would be okay, as soon as I opened my eyes, I watched the fire lower through the holes in the chimney and after I caught a hold of myself I looked inside and half of the papers still hadn`t burned and some of the cardboard. It was a miracle that the house didn`t burn down. 

We bought a new chimney and now are fine but the scary part is when we took out the chimney to replace it, and it wasn`t even there. It was completely deteriorated. The missionaries before hadn`t changed it before we could start a fire. Had we had a real fire going it was basically all going into the attic. The Lord obviously wants me here alive still so I am content. 

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment