Monday, February 24, 2014

We´ll walk, we´ll talk, we´ll teach, but we shall invite ALL unto Christ

     I am glad to hear from all of you and to know that you are all home safe. I feel so sad right now. One of the kids that I played football with and knew committed suicide. I had talked to him numerous times and he was a really good kid. Daniel was truly a great guy and it truly pains me to know that he has passed away. He is now in a place of rest where he won´t have problems with struggles or pains. He is at rest. The place where he is a place of rest from all problems, pains and afflictions and it is a paradise for those who wait for the resurrection.


     Many think that those who commit suicide go to hell. That is false. Who are we to judge people for what they did, no one but God alone knows how his mind set was when he made that decision. God loves him and will help him. This will be a moment of sadness for his family and I would hope that those who see his family and his friends would share where he is and bring the joy of the Gospel to them. 

     We have been instructed the week before by a man of God. Elder Ballard gave another reunion of Priesthood Holders where he said that the missionaries here in South America are wasting their time. I was shocked to hear that knowing that I have been doing my all to work my hardest. I was a little shocked and wondered 'Why? If I am doing my absolute best to teach and preach, why am I wasting my time?' He said that the Prophet has said that now is the time for Members and Missionaries to work together. We have been changing our work ethic a ton and yesterday we had a member with us from 3 until 9. His name is Hermano S. and we actually found his cousin who neither of them knew they were related. We taught many, many people yesterday about the Plan of Salvation and how to come closer to our Heavenly Father. The only way to truly find happiness is to serve others. 

     Please everyone who gets this please tell the youth who have recieved their calls and are preparing to go on a mission that it is the best thing in the world and has changed my life. I love this work and wish I could serve for 5 years.

     We'll walk, we'll talk, we'll teach, but we shall invite ALL unto Christ.

Elder York

Punta Arenas, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment