Monday, February 3, 2014

Miracles. Milagros.‏



This week has been so full of miracles. I am going to keep it short and sweet. The sisters had a baptism, first one in the ward in almost 3 years.

Elder Dower and I are going to baptize two investigators Ariel and Leslie. They are called "Eternal Investigators" but they are ready, just need to be married first. We had such a spiritual lesson with the Sisters and their newly baptized convert. We all played a little ping pong after everyone left while Elder Dower and I were waiting to drain the font and then we started talking about their wedding for some reason. Then we started talking more and more. The Spirit was so strong and as I was testifying to them I started to tell them that everything that we do is for them. We study, plan and pray, pray, pray and when we think it is enough we pray even more for them. I told them how much that I loved them and how much I truly cared for them and just started crying. They both started crying and told us that they want to be baptized and get married but just want to buy the ring and then they will be ready. I told them I would sell everything I had with me to help if it were necessary. I don´t think Elder Dower will be here to see it because he has 6 months here and transfers are next week but they will be baptized. I love them so so so much. They own a store that sells interior clothing and socks. I need socks so I am going to buy a lot of socks to help them out. =) I told all of the Elders here that if they needed socks, where to buy them haha.

We are seeing miracles and I am doing great. Health is good and loving life!!

Another miracle that happened!!!!

We found our friend DAN BURTON who is from Utah that we found here a few months ago. He went to Antarctica to break the world record to be the first person to bike from the coast of ANTARCTICA to the south pole. HE DID IT!!! He is the first ever and he is a member of the Church, RM. He took a book of Mormon with him that I gave him and put it on top of the actual pole down there. The Book of Mormon has reached the ends of the world. Then we came back and he brought his friend from Finland to come with us to lunch with our bishop (with whom Dan stayed with for about a week when he first got here) and he speaks a little bit of spanish and english so we taught him here in Chile in our Bishop's house with a member from Utah and he is from FINLAND. What a miracle to find him and to help him. He said he has never talked to missionaries or seen them but now he wants to find them. He actually emailed me and is back in Finland. I will continue to write him and encourage him to find them.

Elder Alex York

Punta Arenas, Chile



No comments:

Post a Comment