Monday, February 10, 2014

Baptism, Confirmation and transfers

This week we had a baptism in our ward, Elder Dower baptized a girl who turned 8 whose Mom is less active and her Dad left years ago. We have been working a lot with them to reactivate them. I confirmed her on Sunday and I have never felt so special, I have never felt the Holy Ghost how I felt it as I confirmed Casandra. She is such a special girl and even though it doesn't count as a baptism in our missionary numbers, it is written in Heaven for what we did.

So we have transfers this week. I will be with another new missionary named Elder Johnson who is coming from Puerto Natales which is still here in Punta Arenas. He will have about 6 months here in Punta Arenas by the time he is done with me and I think I might be here in this ward for a long time. I'm excited! Elder Dower is heading up to LA UNION to a sector called Río Bueno. Río Bueno is on the other side of the lake of ENTRE LAGOS!!! He'll be close to my first sector!!

This week we have been working our tail ends off and the email will be short because I have way too many things to do but I love you all and am beyond busy so if you are praying for opportunities for me to teach, well it´s working. Keep it going!!

Love,

Elder York

Punta Arenas, Chile



We got a call Monday night from a couple who met our son down in Punta Arenas. They were on a cruise to Antarctica in the middle of January. They came across this group of missionaries on intercambios. They said there were three busloads of travelers - almost all LDS - coming back from seeing the penguins when they met them. What a small world we live in!


No comments:

Post a Comment