Monday, January 20, 2014

The Greatest 2 years of my Life

Being a missionary we have such a wonderful opportunity to help other people to Come unto Christ. I am so honored that I have this privilege to be able to help others and to be a way that they can change their lives. When someone receives the Gospel in their lives they truly feel the Love of God like they never have before. Our job is to bring this message to them and to help them to live it. 

This week has been pretty crazy. We were supossed to change houses but now we will do it this week. We started the BOOK OF MORMON PROGRAM and I am so excited! If you read two chapters a day you will read the Book of Mormon in 4 months. We started it and we have 50 people who have signed a contract to do it. I am so excited because this will bring people to Church and help them to be active once again and to be able to be baptized. 

We have two investigators named Ariel and Leslie. They have been investigating the Church for 1 year and a half. They come weekly basically and are now, just now starting to read the Book of Mormon and are starting to progress a ton. They have their answer but they need to get married. They before wanted to go to Australia to be married and have a huge party but now they just want to get sealed in the Temple in Salt Lake. The difference is that THEY ARE FINALLY READING IN THE BOOK OF MORMON. How can someone progress in the Gospel but not read it? It is super hard. 

We had a companion exchange this week that was way fun that lasted two days. The missionaries from Puerto Natales came and stayed with me in my house, yes still the house that I shall not complain about. We had it for 3 days straight and it was crazy and we got a lot of work done.  

It is raining, I am wet, it is cold, I am in another country where I have to learn another language, AND I LOVE IT! I wouldn´t trade this for any experience in the world. The Mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me. YET! I know many good things will come in the future. 

I love you all so so much. Take care and be grateful that your summer isn´t full of snow and rain and ice. Love you!!
Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment