Monday, January 27, 2014

Miracles with less actives

This Sunday we had 35 people come to church and 5 of them are less actives who haven't come in a very long time. I am so grateful for the mercy of the Lord to help me to be able to help them. I just wish that each and every one of you could know where I stand right now. I love helping these people so much to be able to change their lives. Many people think that you have to live as a perfect person to be a member and that you have to live a perfect life. We all are distinct and have different personalities that will determine what we like whether it be sports, arts, computers, cars or anything. Every single person has their own likes and dislikes that will shape the course of their lives. There is only one, one size fits all help. It´s called Jesus Christ. He is the only one who knows us better than ourselves. 

I had a baptismal interview that I conducted this week. I was super nervous to do it and before we started I felt a little nervous, after we prayed I felt so confident and felt the Holy Ghost working through me which helped me to know that the Lord was with me and was sustaining me. There is no better feeling than feeling that the Lord is happy with what you are doing and supports you. All you have to do to feel that is focus on the other person and their needs. 

We should be having a baptism very soon. Two investigators that we have who have been investigating the Church for 1 year and a half and they are both reading in the book of Mormon and are such good friends with the members. We just need to help them to get married so they can be baptized. 

We finally changed houses!!!! No more rats, holes, cold, mold, mushrooms, and broken things ha. We now live in a house that is just the perfect size and perfect for us to live there. It is a one room house that has a kitchen and shower together that is smaller than my kitchen back home. Much smaller. It is just so perfect and I am so grateful to be in a good house where we can feel better the spirit. 

I have learned a lot more about putting more my trust in the Lord and being focused on the work. I have realized that moving houses and other things have taken my mind off but it is time to get down  to work. I have about a year left and have a ton to do. Time to put my shoulder more to the wheel so that I can move this work forward. 

Elder York

Elder York's new house

Elder York's new house

No comments:

Post a Comment