Monday, December 16, 2013

Lovin' missionary life

Not going to lie. I have been having such a great time being a missionary. We work all day and we get to see the Gospel bless lives. This week we have found 4 people who are not "golden" but they are just awesome. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to be here. I am thankful for all of you who support me while I am out here. I may not be the best missionary but I know that the Lord will make up that which I cannot do. I just used to think that, now I KNOW it. I know that he loves us and not WILL make up the rest but he HAS already done it. The Atonement is truly for us to grow and to progress in this life. 

Yesterday was one of the most spiritual days that I have ever had. Yesterday here in Chile was elections for the President so Church was only 1 hour. All we had was the Sacrament meeting and we had an investigator come for the first time. I had the chance to give a talk and when I got up my mind went blank with what I had prepared. I just opened it and the words came. I started by asking a question. I asked what is a covenant. I explained that it was a promise or a contract that God has made with us and that we sign when we are at the age of accountability. Then I read the story of "The Current Bush" (Look for the Mormon Message on it by Elder Christofferson) and explained how God knows what is best for us. I then shared about missionary work and how I struggled to accept that I was a Child of God and that God really loved me. I shared how much love I feel sharing this with everyone and that now I know without doubt that I am a Son of God. Then all of a sudden after I said that the best way to feel it completely is to help other people recognize it and to share it with them, something marvelous happened.

I started crying and couldn´t see past my notes. Then I for the first time in my life heard a voice tell me. "THIS IS JOY" I know without a doubt that it was the Holy Ghost. I love this work with all of my heart and I testify to you! Find a friend or someone who does not have this in their life and bring this happiness to them. There is no other way in this life to have Joy. This I testify to the world. Member missionary work is the only way that this work will move forward. 

Con tanto amor,

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment