Monday, November 4, 2013

The good, bad and the even better‏

Here in the mission you will have good experiences, bad experiences (because we are still humans) and then you have even better moments. In the past month I have seen so much love that I felt at home, I felt being sicker than sick (and itchy!!!) and then you have those moments where you teach someone by the power of the Holy Ghost and you invite them to be baptized. That is my peace and my happiness. Helping others to truly come unto Christ and seeing them change their lives for the better.

Today I was having a somewhat ´´MÁS O MENOS DAY.. A little stressed, upset, frustrated and feeling alone day. Our District Leader called (he´s from Santiago) and was being so picky and trying to question our numbers that we put as goals and everything we have decided to do this week. My very first instinct was, argue back with him because I know that I am in the right. But I just listened and explained and that was all. Then when we got here to the internet I can´t help but not cry when I read the emails that I recieve from all of you and all of the love I can feel. At times a missionary feels no love from their companion or even leaders at times. But it is the greatest to know that your family and friends are there behind you and love you. I am truly grateful for all of you and I am so glad that I have you in my life. 

Being a missionary is the most rewarding thing in the world (that I have experienced so far) and When you are in the service of your fellow brothers and sisters, we are in the service of our Father that is in Heaven. 
I testify with all of my heart, we are working with real people in the mission. It doesn´t matter if you were the missionary who had the most lessons taught, the most baptisms, or even the Assistant to President. The only thing that matters is that you can look back at every moment and say.  "I. did. my. best. and the Holy Ghost was in my life." I know that I am a successful missionary because I am doing my best to not do my work but the work of the Lord.

I love this work and all of you. Live life with no regrets and when you fall, get up knowing that everyone is behind you and even more important, Our Heavenly Father is with you.

Elder York

Elder York on island of Chiloé, 28 September 2013.

Elder York with his zone on the island of Chiloé, 28 October 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment