Monday, October 28, 2013

Finally... I´M BACK! (From being sick that is)

Well after 2 and a half weeks locked in the house I have finally returned to the outside world. I have had a lot of very eye opening experiences these past couple of days. I have gotten a lot of reading done in books of the Church and the Scriptures. I am in Alma 50 in spanish and I realized that I have almost hit my half way mark in the mission.

I had a very good birthday so thank you all for all you do. I am so grateful to have all of you as my family and my friends. All of the members here have been treating me just as I was one of their own by checking up on us and bringing us food. They are so loving here in Chile and are easily my second family. They are very cool but can´t compare to all of you. I love you all lots. 

I have had absolutely nothing go on in the past two weeks but studying and more studying. I have never read so much in one day. I read about 200 pages every day. I´m re reading a couple books and focusing on the Book of Mormon in Spanish. El Libro de Mormón. 

I just am full of thanks for all of you and for all that you do for me and for this week. If I were to ask for a Birthday or a Christmas present from all of you it would be to share this Gospel WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE. A friend or someone. If you want to know what life is being a missionary, then why not give it a try? 1 person who you know, imagine the change that this Gospel would bring to their lives. That is what we as Missionaries do daily. 

I love this work with all of my heart. I am truly pained to think that I only have 1 year left. I am fully dedicated to the Lord and I know that he will guide me and protect me as I serve him with all of my heart might, mind and strength. 

Remember the words of the Prophets.. ´´Every member a missionary´´
Doesn´t mean give up all you have for two years, what it means is, Live the Gospel in way that others will feel inspired to ask you about it and be prepared to share at all times.

I love this Church.

John 3:16

Elder York

Note: I asked if he received his birthday package. The two things he asked for his birthday were ties and Reese's. We sent 17 ties and a big bag of Reese's among many other things. 
Elder York: "I got the package by the way. Thank you so so so much for all of it. I kept a couple ties ha. I did share everything though but I kept a couple things for myself: I wanted the reeses for the members. I ate like 2 and am sharing them all with the members. They love it and say thank you so so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment