Monday, September 30, 2013

Truly loving life!‏

I can´t say anything more. I just am loving my life right now. Everything is going just so great. I am enjoying it because I am always so dang tired haha. It is fun and I am really just enjoying everything. 

I have found out that I am a lot bigger than the Chileans here and a little stronger ha. We go around and cut firewood so much during the day. I have carried more wood in a wheelbarrow and chopped more wood in 8 months than in my entire life haha. We are always looking to serve people because then it is easy to teach people. My poor companion was a soccer player. Well that says it all haha just kidding he is great. He has never cut wood before so teaching him has been very fun. I broke my second axe ha. We were cutting wood for a widow and we were cutting for about an hour and right after I said last one, it broke haha. The mission covered it because I was actually doing work with it. 

     This week we had our district conference and it was just the greatest ever! My second district conference and I learned a lot. President Rappleye came out to do our missionary interviews (to see how we are and what´s up) just as he does every three months. It went great and he said I am doing a good job with Elder Holt. 

     I am just loving the members here in Chiloé. I have been working so hard with all of the members to try and get a reference, or a friend who I can go and teach with them, because THAT IS HOW MISSIONARY WORK IS DONE. With the members to go with them to a friend haha. They are more likely to recieve the missionaries when they have a friend at the door. Well My entire mission I have only gotten like 5 people that I could go by and visit with the members. This week we have been working so hard and working so hard with the members and we got 12!!!! This is going to change the sector!! I am so excited now. I know that I have been successful in this sector.

Baptisms don´t measure the success of a missionary. The success of a missionary is what he did, who he helped and who he became. I am so grateful that I still have more time to become even better. I have seen such a huge change in my life. I feel more now like our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I have seen so many peoples lives change because of this Church. I love what I am doing and I INVITE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO RECIEVE THIS, TO CALL OR FIND THE MISSIONARIES AND TO LISTEN TO WHAT THEY HAVE TO SHARE. I am sharing the exact same message. What do you have to lose? 

I have felt the Atonement in my life. I know that Jesus Christ truly died for us. I will follow him and I know that only through him I can return to our Heavenly Father. I love this work. I know He lives. If there is one thing that I know it is that Jesus Christ Lives. 

Sé que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y Redentor. Sé que no importa quienes somos o de donde venimos, Él nos ama y quiere cada uno de nosotros. Yo Sé que El Libro de Mormón es la palabra de Dios y que él escuche y conteste nuestros oraciones. Todo de esto comparto en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén. 

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment