Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer!? What is summer?‏


     In every email I get everyone is talking about how they are enjoying summer and how hot it is and they are just loving it. Well... I wish I could say the same haha. Here it is at average -5 to 10 every day. We have a thermostat that tells us and the members are always saying it ha. Life is definitely not a bowl of trix here! It is more like a gallon of ice cream with more ice on top and a little bit of rain haha. I am so grateful to have my rain gear from Alaska that is keeping me dry and a little warm. All of the missionaries here bought the rain gear from the mission but me. I feel bad for all of the other Elders on rainy days because it is so much easier to have a positive attitude when you are dry and warm. It has been raining for 6 days straight and there is slush falling from the sky but there is no snow. We have some pretty crazy wind here that I have never seen in my life. I have seen lots of wind before but this is just incredible. It's like in the Testaments haha. But in the end is very different because it starts all over again ha. I am grateful for all of your prayers for me and I can feel your love for me and I really feel the warmth in my heart. I am so grateful for that! 

     So today we find out if we have transfers or not. I have a feeling that if I leave the sector of Entre Lagos, I will go more south. Where it is always below -5. I am honestly ready to have a new companion and to be able to be obedient, but it will be so much colder haha. I will be neighbors with the penguins if I go more south haha. Which we will because we have been together for 4 months. I am not super excited for the transfers because we have been together for awhile and we have more of a system. I only get to speak english one time a week when we are in Osorno for our District Meetings and before I was so excited to get to hear people talk in English and talk in English but I really feel that the language is almost a part of me. I love Spanish and I wish more than anything I could say that I am fluent but I am not. I can understand and talk about just anything. 

     My companion and I have had some really great times together but when you aren't obedient you don't have the Lords Promise. Needless to say he is not being obedient and this week I can tell the blessings we are lacking. Almost every day this week we are late coming back to the house and I stand up and put on my jacket and backpack and apologize to the investigator and tell them we need to leave because we have to be in the house before 10 at the latest and he starts a new conversation with them as I am standing at the door.. All I can do is do my best and pray that the Lord will still bless us to do his work.

     So the sisters here in our sector had a baptism last week but it fell through. Some of the friends of her told her lies about the Church and she panicked and cancelled. But the sisters here have answered all doubts and we think she will be baptized this next week. 
We have an activity today! It is called the Iron Rod and we are so excited. We are re enacting the Iron Rod and hopefully we have lots of people come. I will let you know of the success next week. 

    Well I love you all and I pray for every one of you. I want you all to know that the Bible is the word of God as is the Book of Mormon. I am a representitive of Jesus Christ and I will magnify his name and never do anything I know is wrong. Ever! I love this Church with all of my heart and I waited too long to know that it was true. All my life I just lived it. I didn't know it with all my heart until the beginning of my junior year. But now I can say with a full heart. I know it, I live it, and I love it! The church is true and the Prophet is the same as was the Prophets of Old. 

I love you all! 

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment