Saturday, June 22, 2013

Start of winter or summer??‏

I have been wondering what is this summer thing that you all are talking about?? I wish I knew haha! Well I am most definitely still loving it here even though I am freezing my legs off! The cure for being cold is work harder. I don't think I have ever been this focused on something before. 

This last week has just passed by like a blur! I have been running around all week and yesterday we had a record day. We had 6 lessons taught, 2 were with a member, 3 with investigators, and one with my new convert Hno. Hector (Who I baptized). We invited 4 people to be baptized and two accepted and two said no. Well the two who said yes are so excited to actually come to church with us. So so rare here. No one ever wants to come to Church. 

This sunday our branch presidency won´t be there so Elder Kastner and I will be in charge of everything and I am giving a talk haha. I have been so busy as the Branch Secretary and every day I am talking with the leaders of Osorno like stake presidents and District presidents and always calling and receiving calls. 

A missionary who doesn´t work with all their heart, might, mind and strength, is a missionary who is missing out in the greatest blessing of them all. I love this work so so much! I´m trying my best to give it my all. There is a talk called the 4th missionary by Lawrence Corbridge that is super awesome that I am trying to be. I am striving daily to be the 4th missionary. 

So Saturday night... I started feeling pretty sick and all of my body starting hurting really bad. We went back to the house and I went straight to bed. I woke up numerous times in the night because I was, well, sick ha. I was in bed until tuesday. We went to church for sacrament meeting and then left because I was feeling even worse. After 3 good days of being in bed all day I got better and well I recovered 120%! I had the flu and well it hit me pretty hard haha. 

Yesterday WE HAD A MEETING. Our zone leaders had a meeting of leaders in Osorno and they recieved some instruction that our zone needs to go and visit the members of the bishopbric and share something with them. They called us in the morning yesterday and told us to do just that. SO we passed by Hermano Santana and Hermana Santana to visit them. He is the Patriarch of the mission and the 1st counsler in the branch presidency. We had no clue why but we went anyway. We started talking with them and just talked and everything seemed normal. But I knew that this was a revelation for someone and I wasn´t going to sit around and just wait for it to happen, so I asked if we could share something and I felt impressed to teach them the Plan of Salvation and help build up their faith. We taught it and when we were teaching, they both started crying a lot. The spirit was so strong and they, then choking on tears told us that their granddaughter who has cancer for more than a year now is going to die tomorrow (today saturday). She is sealed in the temple and has 3 young kids. I must admit I cried a little with them and it was a powerful bonding experience. We finished the lesson and then we said a prayer on our knees and afterwards they told us that they feel pure peace and that the worry and sadness left them and they feel joy.
 
They had no clue we were coming over and in the end because we were obedient and because we listened to the revelation that we recieved, we were able to help them. I am not taking even the slightest of credit. That was all the Lord working through me. Just like missionary work should be. 

This has been my week and it has been pretty super quick and full of the mercies of the Lord. 

1 Nephi 1:20  "... the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverence." 

Work hard, be obedient, and strive to always become more like the Savior and you will be blessed. Surround yourself with greatness!

Love, 
     Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment