Saturday, June 29, 2013

Corner off the man card...

Well first off to explain the title... I got a pedicure..... About two weeks ago I had an ingrown toenail and I cut it out and well it was no big deal. About a week later I started feeling a lot of pain in my big toe. I looked at it and tried to fix it and what not and after a couple of days it was even worse.. So I talked with Hermana Rappleye (Wife of Mission President) and she told me to call a podologo (Foot doctor) in La Únion who was a member of the Church. I called him and he told me to come up and he would take a look. We got our permission to leave our sector and traveled for two hours to where he lived. He looked at it and said "Quien eres el tonto que sacó este uña?!" (Who is the dummy who tried to take out the toenail?!) I smiled and no words were needed because he understood ha. We laughed a little and then the pain started.. He cut all the way down to the root of the big toenail and pulled out a huge "uña encarnada" (Ingrown toenail). It was the number two most pain I have ever felt in my life. Number one being tearing the ligaments in my ankle in the MTC. I thanked him and he told me it was free. Normally it is a $30.000 mil peso charge ($60.00 Dollars) Then he cut all of my nails, used a machine thing and cleaned the caluses off of my feet and gave me a foot massage. Needless to say that I have a slight fear of needles and knives when touching my skin I also have a fear of people touching my feet. Can you say super awkward?? I will never cut my toenails bad again, ever. 

This week we have been tearing it up and we had an awesome week. We had 4 investigators in the Church and it was just such a wonderful day. Despite the fact I was sick and what not but oh well ha... It could be worse! Elder Kastner is such a great companion and we are getting along super well and we are being so obedient. I feel so many more blessings in my life. 

I am a little sad because I think the next transfer I will be leaving here from Entre Lagos... I will have had 6 whole months here and well I have treasured every minute and I have found people who I knew in the past life.. I seriously have and even the thought of leaving is sad. But I will go where the Lord wants me to go. To the farthest ends of the world (Literally) or high in the mountains or deserts or seas. I know this Gospel is true and I am a disciple of Christ. 3 Nephi 5:13

I have been starting something new and saying this always. "Puede ser peor" (Could be worse) I am trying to be an optimist and always looking for the good and not letting anything get me down. Even when I am soaking wet, my knee hurts and we have had 3 doors slammed in our face. I know this work is true and I am called of Christ to bring people the same blessings I have and to bring them to Christ so that they may have Eternal Life.

Puede ser Peor.

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment