Saturday, May 11, 2013

The start of winter and Mother's Day!!‏


Well first off it is really cold outside! The difference between here and in Utah is that it is humid and always raining with the cold. There isn´t too much snow where I am at normally and as of today there isn´t any. There is a ton of rain and I had to buy another pair of boots today because my others are so wet from every day. I thought it would be best if I switched them off every day to last longer. I am loving it here and the rain is one of the most incredible things ha. 

So tomorrow is Mothers day! I will be calling around 5 o´clock your time, well more like 5:30. It is only two hours difference. My district leader was wrong ha. But I will be calling from 5 to 6 your time. Be ready! Because my sector has 5 missionaries and we only have one computer. 3 sisters and 2 elders. We each have 45 minutes and we all want to make the most of it. We are going to be skyping from our church with the computer of a member. I don´t know what name it is but I will call the rbyork. So when we skype turn off all the things that use internet in the house for better quality. Iphone and ipods. I really hope we can make this work. 

So this week has been awesome but slow. I have been having headaches and I realized I am maybe eating too much sugar so I am only eating fruits and vegetables. I have lost a little bit of weight here ha. I am about 185 right now. I am eating healthy and working out every morning. Ha I still am not a morning person but I am managing haha.

This week we had zone conference and it was absolutely awesome. Our president talked about how there is a problem right now with the Elders and Hermanas that are having to be sent home... You can imagine why: He talked about how Satan is working against us even more now with the age change and we should only see the sisters in our zone two times a week. Church and district meeting: It was good to have the security that we are doing that and aren´t having the obvious problem. We aren´t here on a mission to look for a wife. He said that we can´t flirt with the sisters and if we do there will be problems. Afterwards I was talking with President and he was joking and saying how I am not breaking that rule because she lives in Texas right now ;) Haha well good to know I am not breaking any rules haha. 

Happy birthday to my sweet sister as of 3 days ago!!!! I am so excited you are fifteen but worried for Mom and Dad to be driving with you haha. You will do great and I am excited for you Mags! Also happy anniversary to my wonderful parents and grandparents. It just goes to show that the Gospel does really bless families and that we can be together forever through this church!! I love having this security with all of my heart! I hope you are all going to the temple often... Because I can´t for two years haha. 

I am literally having the best two years and there are some very hard moments but it is getting better. I am able to help so many people here and not only with things spiritually but physically and temporally too. I have had so many wonderful oppourtunities and it is just the greatest feeling in the world. I am writing them all down in my journal and can´t wait to share them all with you. 

Well my wonderful family have your email ready with you tomorrow and I will email you when I am ready. I love you all!!

Elder York


[This next part is from another email he sent today. We were concerned he was taking out extra money a little more often than normal. We wanted him to learn how to scrape and get by and live on nothing. After reading this email, I felt bad for sending our email because I realized he is doing exactly what we would do. All I can say is he is his mother's son. He is growing and learning how to serve and sacrifice.]

I have had so many heart wrenching stories. They are good and just melt my heart. We have members here that have nothing. One of them lives alone and he is always in the church soaking wet and he lives the farthest. The jacket from CTR clothing was perfect and the feeling you had to buy it was perfect for him. He wears it every time we see him and he was so excited when I gave it to him. There are so many people who are lacking things more than just spiritual and I am always prepared. I always have two of something and it is just perfect. I have the chance to help others with the physical means that they can´t have. I have given away more things than I thought I had. I still have things for me to use but they need some of these things more. I gave away one of my jackets from alaska, the black one to a member who didn´t have one and still have my two. The problem is the blue one is only for winter and the black long one is well... Long ha. I am doing my absolute best to budget my money and am living off of the funds from the church like a champ. I buy food that lasts for more than a week and at the end of the month I have always about 40 dollars left that I return to the church. The money from the church is only for food, shampoo, toothpaste etc..., haircuts, travel and things like that. Things like jackets, boots, a cd player, things like that are personal. I am doing my best and don´t plan on taking out money for a long time. 

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment