Monday, April 8, 2013

A little late due to General Conference...

Hey hey hey!!


     Well as you all know I was not able to write you on Saturday. We had conference here at 1 and it went to 3. Then from 5 to 7 and then priesthood from 9 to 11. We literally had absolutely no time here and we still managed to eat ha. No but it was totally worth it!! I honestly loved it so much and am so excited to get the conference edition of the liahona. I honestly can't wait!!

     Well this week has been very busy. I am working my tail end off and I feel like my head hits the pillow and the alarm sounds. I am working on having a better attitude about that ha. But in all reality it has been a very fun and interesting week. Also it has been demasiado (very) cold!! We can't use our leña (firewood) until the first of may because it is the rule of the misión so Elder Vallejo and I are cheating the system. Every morning we go out for our (Excercise) and find Wood elsewhere to keep us warm ha. It is a Little interesting but is fun haha. We are warm now actually haha.

    So one of my investigators is going to be baptized this next Saturday and he asked ME to baptize him!! I am so excited to help him on his way to Eternal Life!! I will send pictures probably not this Saturday but the next due to the baptism is at 5 and pday ends at 6. I am honestly beyond excited for him.

     I have a request to ask... No one here sells cd players. Only ipods and mp3 players. I have looked for 9 weeks and haven't found one yet... So I would like to ask a favor that if you could put music on an old iPod or mp3 and send it to me maybe? I bought speakers that are small and light and only need a music player now ha. Music is life on a misión!! You need it when you are having a bad day and when you need a Little pick me up. We listen to music when we are not studying and we feel more energetic and have more enthusiasm to do the work. Music is honestly a huge part of the obra misional. (Missionary work).

    Well I had a small problema with the fleas this week and well... It isn't all that bad ha. It is just like a mosquito bite but a Little worse. I bought raid and well they aren't going to be bothering me anymore. Oh Yeah that reminds me, we switched houses so that we could have a house that has a Wood burning stove and not a propane tank. The house is so small ha and it is basically our living room and dining room. Our kitchen is smaller than the ABC room and well... It is just like the closet upstairs ha. Literally only one person can be in there. But all in all we have a bathroom that is a heavenly bathroom ha. I can actually stand in the shower haha. But it is perfect and I have a roof over my head so I am not complaining.

     Today I bought a couple books through LDS.org but through telephone. It should be a charge of around 28 dollars. I bought Jesús the Christ in english and in spanish, Pass along cards of salt lake temple, a picture book to use for the investigators and a book about the restoration. Just a heads up that it was me ha. I only take money out of the bank when I need it. I am being wise and not taking out small amounts only to have big charges.

     We have cambios on the 24th of April and we will find out sometime soon who is leaving Entre Lagos and who is staying. I hope that I stay ha. I really love it here so much and am growing with all of the people and it is my own Little Heaven ha. Except for the other religions who don't like us ha. More and more every day I am growing. I can feel how much I am growing and changing and when I read in my journal I can read how much I have changed just from the MTC. Wow I have grown a Little ha. I am working literally my hardest and well it is showing ha. I feel like I did right after track season. I feel so fit to run 10 miles and not falter. But the thing is I am eating a ton of food ha. Our mamita feeds us so good.. I ate with another mamita in another part of Osorno and she gave us a bowl of soup and a hamburger. I am so grateful for the oppourtunity to have a good mamita. She treats us like her sons and she is just great. I will send pictures of them eventually.

   Speaking of pictures I will send more pictures, Correction, I will try to send pictures every once in awhile and I am trying to send my SD card on this Tuesday. Pray that we will have time!! That is my biggest problem here. We have so much to do and so Little time. I am here to save souls and bring people to Christ but at times I need to write my family and take time to breathe. At times that is all I have time to do and last saturday I didn't even have time to do that ha.

     Well the language is going just great and I am healthy and doing awesome! I love you all and can't wait to hear from you. I promise to try and write you all back. I love you all!!

Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment