Saturday, March 2, 2013

Aqui En Chile


Hola familia,

     Well this has been a very interesting week. I went on intercambios on Tuesday with Elder Adams who is my district leader. He is a greengo from Utah. He is such a great person and it was very nice to be able to speak English with someone. It had been two weeks straight without speaking English. Except for in my sleep one night... Elder Vallejo said I was having a conversation about something ha. Well interesting.. I had plenty of questions for him like things I didn't understand and what not, but now I understand and feel a lot more adaptable here. Adapting here was tough at the beginning but now I know where every street is and I know where all of our investigators live and where every store is. Well in Entre Lagos that is. It is not quite 3rd world country but it is 2nd world. They have iPhones so it can't be that bad right. The Keyboard here doesnt work very well and I can't use symbols so you may have to read more carefully. But here in Osorno they don't even have a McDonald's ha. They have a giant Jumbo store in Osorno that is much bigger and has more things than walmart does. It is a different experience every time we go into Osorno because we aren't used to seeing very many people and in Osorno there are many people.

     I don't have time to read all of the letters that I got, well emails, but I printed them off so that I can read them when we are back at the cabaña. But I read that Maddie is having problems with her knees. I am way sorry and I will keep her in my prayers. Make sure that you get your knees fixed now before you are old and walk everywhere like me :P Ha, we do really walk EVERYWHERE. We get a ride to lunch every day and that is nice but we walk about 20 kilometers every day. That is one of the hardest parts about being here. Is converting not only the language, but from pounds and miles and inches and well... Todos.

     This week our goal is to invite 13 people to be baptized. I am way excited to do it and I know that it is the right thing to do. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. Pg. 1 in PMG. Our purpose is not to walk into their house and tell them their religion is wrong. We are only here to invite them to come unto Christ and help them have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End. We invite them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I wish everyone would just read one page of the Book of Mormon and pray to know it is true. Everyone who will simply ask God if our religion is true receives an answer. Everyone.

     I have experiences every day that make me love the people here more and more every day. I love being here and even though I can't speak Spanish very well I know that my message is true and that I have a calling from the Prophet here on the earth. I have been reading the Bible more and more every day. It testifies of Christ and every Prophet testifies of Christ. Our church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For me it is La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias. No matter where you are whether it is in Texas, Ohio, Michigan, Russia, China or Chile, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. What makes us different and true from other religions. We have written proof. The Book of Mormon. Any who wants to know that it is true simply needs to read the Book of Mormon and pray to the One and only God. The same God that all churches worship.

     All in all I am doing great. I was sick this morning and kept waking up at least 4 times to throw up. We can receive strength and power when we pray in the name of Jesus Christ has power. When we finish our prayers in the Name of Jesus Christ we are exercising power and authority. It is incredible the Priesthood.

     I love you all and want you to know that I am here to serve the Lord for two years and don't expect to see me until before Christmas of 2014. I am excited every time I get mail and I promise to write you all back. I love you all so much. Thank you for all of your love and your support. I challenge everyone if you don't know that the Book of Mormon is true, call the missionaries and ask for one or go to LDS.org and read online. The Book of Mormon is true and I know it with all of my heart. I love you all so much and pray for all of you daily.
 
Chow.

Love, 
Elder Alex York

No comments:

Post a Comment