Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 5 in the MTC

January 10, 2013 

    Well I'm on the start of my 6th week I think ha. Time flies by so fast and it is crazy to see all of these missionaries who come in and leave before i leave. The MTC is a very humbling experience and it is so much fun. I love every minute that I spend here. 
     
     Last week I was sick with the virus that was passed around. President Brown stood up in our meeting on Sunday and said that 1,000 missionaries were sick or had the symptoms. With numbers that large it is very insane and would spread like wildfire. But now there are under 50 who are sick. The Lord has his hand in the work and is definitely hastening his work. The Lord blesses his missionaries for sure and He is doing everything to keep us missionaries going. My knee is doing so much better and my last week of Physical Therapy is tomorrow off campus and then I have a couple more on campus. But overall I am doing great!
 
     My week has been very busy and eventful. I have physical therapy twice a week and sometimes occasionally have doctor appointments. My companion has a doctor appointment today at two. I learned how important this work actually is and what my job really is. Everyone can repent of their sins but no one can be truly forgiven of their sins until they are baptized. That includes all of us but when we take the Sacrament we are being "baptized" again. I found a second pillow and I am sleeping so much better and I am finally starting to dream here. Every time I watch the Joseph Smith movie I feel so much more confident and so excited to teach this Gospel. 

     I don't have to worry about the language because I know that if I do my best the Lord will do the rest. I am very confident that I will master the language and will do great. I am so excited to get to Chile already and teach the Gospel to all of them. The Lord truly is speeding up his work so we need to make sure that we are on the Lord's side. 
    
     I have seen Tell, Scott, Josh and Cole every day and it is so good to see my friends and brothers. I feel just like Alma in Alma 17 when he rejoices because he sees his brothers and is even more excited that they are still his brethren in the Lord. Those 4 are going to be great missionaries. I'm sorry if there are spelling errors in this email or incorrect things. The keyboard is broken and I have to almost jam the keys down. But I am doing the best I can ha. I really miss all of you and I can't wait to see you but a couple years will be good for us and for the people of Chile. I Love this Gospel so much and I am going to leave no regrets while I am out here. I will even knock on the Bishop'
s door and give him a family home evening lesson if I must.
 
     I would like to hear from everyone and know how they are doing. Thank you everyone who has sent me a letter. I will reply back to everyone. Feel free to email me anytime. I can print off the emails and read them so it won't take away from my time to email. It's not about the hardest worker, It's about the smartest worker ha. I am going to try to be both while I am here! I look forward to hearing from you all soon! I love you all so much! Be safe and be strong!


-Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment