Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 1 in the MTC

December 13, 2012

Hola York familia!! 

First off.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I really wish I would have been there but yeah.. I love you Mom!! I am loving it here and I wish you all could experience this with me and enjoy everything that I am experiencing. I hope that everything is going well for you all and I wish I could be there but I know it is the right decision to be here. The Spanish is coming along very well now and it is crazy the experiences that I am having. I was having a hard time at first but I asked Branch President Wing for a blessing and now I am doing fantastic! I can't express enough how much I love it here. I have seen every friend I have that is here. Cole Cottrell, Luke Jones, Tre Behunin, Jessica Crane (Josh's sister), and so many others who I can't remember right now ha. I hope you all are doing well and making the most of this experience as I am.

       Sean: I sent you a letter and you should be getting it soon.
       Maddie: (Favorito Hermana) I also sent you one.

One thing I would really like is if you would sign in on my facebook and post a status saying.. "Elder York wants to hear from all of his friends so write him a letter" and put my address if you would.
The MTC is truly one of the greatest places in the world! Everyone is just so nice and friendly. I have made a ton of friends already and am still making more daily.

My companion's name is Elder Carlisle. He is the oldest of 5 and his entire family is LDS. He is also the guinea pig of the family. He is a redhead like Tell and is from Cache Valley. He is very cool and I love him! I share a room with Elder Munns and Elder Sharp as well. I love my district so much and my zone. They are so fantastic. Well as you noticed.... I love everything about the mission. The more positive attitude the more positive results.

I have a couple of things I would like you to send me if you would (MOM)
1. A small Christmas tree please?? :) I would love it as would my companions.
2. 2 packs of those red, blue and black sharpie pens you bought before. They are at walmart
3. Last but not least... My Boots. The new ones. I will need them for some service projects and they
said I will need some in Chile. I know you don't want me to but you just have to trust me. I love you! :)

Dad: The second counselor in my branch presidency is Brandon Doman's brother!! He doesn't think
he'll have a job much longer...  hahaha. My Spanish teacher Hermano Woodhouse, is engaged to ANDY REID's daughter!!! How cool is that!! I thought you might like that.

Yo se que Jesucristo es el salvador y El Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Yo se que las escrituras es son inspirado. Este conocimiento me superar desafios. En el Nombre de Jesucristo, amen.
(The translation is in Sean's letter.)

I love all of you and I miss you so much. I pray for you daily and know that you will be blessed!
"It has my name on it, the Savior's name on it, and I wear it across my heart"

Love,
        Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment