Monday, January 21, 2013

Merry Christmas


December 25, 2012

(We were excited to get a bonus email from Alex - especially on Christmas.)

Merry Christmas!
    
     I hope that all of you are having a wonderful day and remebering why we really have Christmas. Always look to the Savior and remember that not only are you children of God but that everyone is children of our Loving Heavenly Father. I get a short amount of time to email you today and tell you how excited I am to serve a mission.

     Today Russell M. Nelson came and spoke. He is a spiritual giant and I was on the 3rd row! While we were sitting there I smiled at him and he smiled back and winked!! Life complete haha. I was so lucky to be there early enough and to be that close that I feel the Spirit coming off of him! One thing that he said that he wants all of us to know is that there is no such China mission opening. He said that it is a lie and Satan is stirring the hearts of men. He is in charge of all missionaries, travel and mtc presidents. I think he might know what he is talking about. So if someone says that the mission in China is opening you tell them that Elder York was 10 feet away from an Apostle of God who said that there is no China mission opening. I know that before I left there were a lot of people who were excited about the China mission but there is no China mission opening so please don't spread any of the rumors. Don't argue with people about it but let the truth be known. He said we need to refute and to deny and not spread any rumors in the church. That is one of Satans biggest tools.

     Thank you all for the letters I have been getting! I haven't recieved a letter since last thursday because of how busy everything is. Dear Elder works great but if it is a written letter sent through the post office it gets here easier. I like both of them and really thank you all. I will be sending you all a Christmas present hopefully tomorrow if the post office isn't slammed.

    The Spanish language is very simple but tough to master. I guess that on Saturday night I was talking in my sleep in Spanish. Well I guess my brain knows the Spanish but the Lord hasn't unlocked my mouth yet. I am working very dilligently every day to learn the language and pray for the gift of tongues daily.

    Tell everyone in the family that I said Feliz Navidad and Merry Christmas for the young ones. I miss everyone and well on the brightside... I only have one more Christmas left in the mission before I'm home. I have run into everyone here at the MTC that is from Tooele and Stansbury. We are going to be planning a picture sometime soon. Josh and Tell are doing great. Josh was having a hard time but I challenged him to read el Libro de Mormon while he was here and he said he is doing so much better now.
  
     My right knee has been really bugging me and has been a little sore. I'm going into the doctor tomorrow morning to have him look at it. It's here on the campus and it's free. I don't remember doing anything it's just a pain when I walk and going up stairs. I've been taking ibuprofen and being very careful and not overdoing it at gym. I'm doing everything I can for it to get better and I know that Lord takes care of his missionaries so I don't even worry. So neither should you. (Sean and Maddie) Whenever I point my foot in plantar i feel a small pain and whenever I turn my foot right or left pointed in the air my knee hurts. Just some fun facts for you medical students.

    I will email you more on Thursday for my P day so if you will email me by Wednesday night and ask as many questions as you want i'll answer any of them. It was weird not having Christmas with the people I love but I realized that when you know the true meaning of Christmas it doesn't matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing. All that matters is that you center your Christmas around Christ. If you will do that you will have the best Christmas ever.

     Well my time has come to go so I will talk to all of you Thursday! I love you all with all my heart and I know why I am out here. Don't expect to see me until my two years is up. Love you!

   Love,
             Elder York

No comments:

Post a Comment